Solr Search Integration
Get blazing fast faceted search results with the Solr open source enterprise search platformGet Started
For many ecommerce retailers, getting customers to come to their site is half of the battle of marketing. However, no amount of advertising and sponsored clicks will help if your customers cannot find what they are looking for on your website. This is why using an intelligent and robust search tool is so important.
Homegrown or generic search tools often lack the speed, flexibility, accuracy and positive user experience that ecommerce stores require. Ecommerce retailers need search tools that will improve the user experience, increase conversion, and offer marketing tools to constantly refine searches to target changing trends and search habits of their clientele.
Get better results in half the time with Solr. Solr is a powerful and highly adaptable search tool, designed to produce more accurate search results and increase sales for your online store. Created by the makers of Apache, Solr brings the power of the Lucene Search Library right to your fingertips. Solr uses a faceted search system to allow for more nuanced searching options and includes features such as full-text search, hit highlighting, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document handling and geospatial search. When integrated with the Upshot Commerce Core Platform, Solr provides a host of search customizations that are unmatched in the industry.
Solr's open source functionality allows it to be tailored to almost any type of application without Java coding, and it has an extensive plugin architecture for more advanced customizations. This means that Upshot Commerce can easily configure Solr to the search needs of just about any website, regardless of their formatting requirements.
- Popular and blazing fast faceted search
- Auto suggestion and "Did You Mean" functionality
- Autocomplete and Spell Checking to guide customer searches more effectively
- Customized full text searching, designed specifically for your store
- Easy to pull data from multiple databases
- Highly scalable and easy to add in new features over time
- Ability to accurately search multiple fields in the database with weighted priority to the most relevant fields
The Integration Process
- Discovery - Every system is different and every business has unique needs. We diagnose and determine the unique requirements of your website to create a solution custom tailored to your needs.
- Integration - Project Managers work to connect established data points between your website and Solr
- Testing - A series of diagnostics are run to make sure that the connection is established and everything is in working order
- Quality assurance - Adaptations and adjustments are made to the system as needed
- Knowledge transfer - We stay a part of your team after launch, providing you with optional consultations or service as needed for your online business
What Do You Need?
- Upshot Commerce Core Platform
- Upshot Commerce Solr Search Integration