Avalara Tax Management IntegrationGet Started
Calculating and keeping track of sales tax is an operational and financial burden for many
ecommerce companies. Finding an ecommerce solution that accurately calculates the variable tax
for each shopping cart is important for maintaining accurate sales accounting and keeping your
company off the radar of various tax-related state
In order to manage these sales tax complexities, many ecommerce companies employ tax automation software. Avalara is an easy to use, elegant solution for sales tax automation. Avalara automatically calculates the correct sales tax for each transaction, manages exemption certificates and even handles the filing and remittance of tax returns. This means that ecommerce owners no longer have to worry whether or not they are in compliance with a complex and ever-changing tax code, resulting in more accurate accounting and a decreased probability of auditing.
AvaTax Calc is seamlessly integrated with Upshot to deliver real-time sales tax calculations based on up-to-date sales and use tax rules. This includes sourcing rules, product taxability and jurisdiction assignment. Increased audit activity by taxing authorities demands businesses prove sales tax compliance through accurate calculations and reporting. AvaTax Calc makes compliance simple, with transaction history and on-demand reporting.
The Upshot Commerce Avalara Tax Management Integration provides cost-effective functionality that other shopping carts cannot match. Our Smart Integration stores address data and consolidates information sent to Avalara, resulting in decreased billings from the Avalara service. On average, this results in an 8X cost savings for Upshot Commerce users when compared to other ecommerce platforms. This makes our Avalara Tax Management Integration the most cost- effective solution for website/Avalara integration.
For ecommerce companies with multiple brands, the Avalara Tax Management Integration allows you to link Avalara with multiple websites, ensuring across-the- board compliance. Data from all websites is then sent back to Avalara and compiled, keeping all of your tax accounting information in one central location.
- Constant system monitoring and updating to tax code means you are always in adherence
- Integration with Upshot Commerce Shopping Cart automatically charges correct sales tax based on shipping address
- Smart Integration results in Avalara cost savings 8X greater than competitors
- Ability to monitor tax code compliance with multiple websites
- Automatic filing and remittance of sales tax returns
- Easily accessible storage of sales data and exemption certificates
- Works with ERP systems, like Epicor, Sage, Peachtree, Quickbooks, SAP, Microsoft Dynamics
The Integration Process
- Discovery - Every system is different and every business has unique needs. We diagnose and determine the unique requirements of your website to create a solution custom tailored to your needs.
- Integration - Project Managers work to connect established data points between your website and Avalara
- Testing - A series of diagnostics are run to make sure that the connection is established and everything is in working order
- Quality assurance - Adaptations and adjustments are made to the system as needed
- Knowledge transfer - We stay a part of your team after launch, providing you with optional consultations or service as needed for your online business
- Upshot Commerce Core Platform
- Upshot Commerce Avalara Tax Management Integration
What Do You Need?
There are over 11,000 tax jurisdictions in the United States. This means ecommerce companies buying and selling within these areas must abide by the tax rate of the transaction's jurisdiction. Complying with tax law is complicated because the tax code in one jurisdiction is not necessarily the same in another. Tax codes may differ, override and conflict each other in contradictory ways that are unpredictable and irregular. Furthermore, tax code is constantly changing. In 2011 alone, there were over 5,000 changes to the tax code. Needless to say, this makes adhering to tax code a constant, potentially expensive, and ongoing challenge for ecommerce companies.
Ecommerce stores struggle to keep accurate sales accounting. They must ensure correct sales tax is charged and collected, collecting exemption certificates as well as filing and remitting tax returns constantly. Failure to do so exposes companies to audits and potential costly fines. However, keeping track of all this information is difficult, time consuming and easy to miscalculate.
Avalara is sales tax automation made simple. Avalara automatically calculates the correct sales tax for each transaction, manages exemption certificates and even handles the filing and remittance of tax returns. This means that ecommerce owners no longer have to worry whether or not they are in compliance with a complex and ever-changing tax code, resulting in more accurate accounting and a decreased probability of auditing.
If your company is audited, Avalara ensures you will be prepared with easily accessible, on-demand accounting data. A record is kept of all transactions, all returns completed, and all exemption certificates on file. Simple. Easy. As they say, "Less Taxing. More Relaxing."